Looking for a little Canada adventure travel for your next vacation? You don’t have to look too far; there are a lot of options for finding amazing things to do in Canada. Winter, spring, summer and fall, Canada has something adventurous in every province.
In the warmer months, Canada adventure travel includes, hiking and walking, biking, rock climbing, horseback riding, canoeing and kayaking, whitewater rafting and diving. Check out these 8 Amazing Adventures To Have In Canada:
Whether you are in the city or country, there are walking and biking paths and trials. One of the best is the Ontario Bruce Trail, which is Canada’s oldest, and longest hiking and biking trails. It stretches 725 km (450 miles) along the Niagara Escarpment and is a proclaimed UNESCO World Biosphere reserve.
If you prefer mountain biking, there are lots of options in Canada’s more rugged areas. Many ski resorts also offer summer mountain biking trails for your Canada adventure travel.
Of course instead of riding down a mountain you also have the option of climbing one. The Rocky Mountains in BC and Alberta offer numerous opportunities to do so as do other mountainous areas in Canada including Newfoundland, Ontario and Quebec.
If water sports are the adventure you seek, there are thousands of lakes and rivers in Canada so the possibilities are endless. From canoeing and kayaking to whitewater rafting, the water awaits you for this wet Canada adventure travel experience.
Your diving adventure in Canada can be had in the oceans on either coast or in the multitude of lakes scattered throughout the country. Some of these diving spots include shipwrecks and artificial reefs to add to the enjoyment.
The colder months offer a different variety of Canadian adventures. To the great benefit of skiers and skaters, Canada’s winters are known to be long and snowy. From exploring the Canadian Arctic to dog sledding to heli-skiing, Canada has it all at its front door.
It’s not everyday you can see a polar bear in the wild! Churchill, Manitoba, is known as the “Polar Bear Capital of the World”. In October and early November, polar bears congregate at nearby Cape Churchill in large numbers, waiting for the ice to form on Hudson Bay.
And don’t forget about Alaska cruises departing out of Vancouver that allow you to have a taste for the great white north in the middle of the summer.
Find out more about Canada Travel.
Canada Travel Agents and Canada Travel sites that offer Canada Adventure Travel and Worldwide Adventure Travel:
- Up to 25% Off Adventure Travel Deals
- Fresh Tracks – Adventure travel Canada trips include rafting, kayaking, cycling, hiking, wildlife viewing and more. 4 – 15 day trips and more than 100 to choose from.
- Back Country Adventures – Offers 20 years of outdoor hospitality and professional wilderness guiding in Wells Gray Provincial Park & area, British Columbia’s Outdoor Adventure Paradise.
- Maple Leaf Adventures – Natural & Cultural History Sailing Adventures on the British Columbia, Canada, & Alaska Coast
- Adventure Canada – Full program of outdoor adventure, wildlife viewing, photography, art, culture, and eco-tours throughout Canada and around the world. Specializes in expedition-style cruising and small-group active holidays.
- The Great Canadian Adventure Company – From sea kayaking, flyfishing and horseback pack trips in the summer, to dogsledding, snowmobiling and downhill skiing in the winter, they can make your adventure dream a reality.